Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday

http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/shannon/2008/03/works-for-me-ba.html
It's another backwards edition of Works for Me Wednesday over at Rocks in My Dryer. We get to ask a question, so mine is this: do you have a good bread recipe I'm talking plain old ordinary white bread, without a bread machine. I made some last week, using my Kitchenaid stand mixer for the hard work. The family loved it. I didn't...I thought it was too doughy. The recipe was for an ABM. So I honestly didn't know how long to knead it.

I'm trying to find an old-fashioned recipe, without any weird ingredients. We don't do whole wheat here. I have bread flour already and I have yeast.

Any recipes would help! Thanks!

6 comments:

minimalistmommy said...

Hi, I have not made this specific recipe but I have made over 2 dozen of her recipes and they ALL have been a hit. I did make her brown bread and it was super easy and great. At first it looks like it is only directions for a bread maker but she did included directions without at the end. Good luck
http://www.tammysrecipes.com/amish_white_bread

mzzterry said...

Thanks for visiting my site today! I was typing out my bread recipe for you when I realized it was the very same one Nicole left you only doubled! So, if you want to double that recipe to make 2 loaves you can!! =)

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Oh, mercy! I will have to dig through my recipe box (which my children ever-so-kindly "reorganized" for me. It might take a bit of time, but there might be one in there...if I can only find the bread recipes!

Thanks so much for taking such great care to explain CVS for me! I appreciate it! It's possible that I might have another question in the future.

Thanks again!

Mom2fur said...

Thanks to everyone! Nicole, there's no link to your blog--so I hope you read this!

Unknown said...

I have about the same recipe.
So you should try it. LOL!


You can find my "works for me" at:

Laane on the World

Have a great day!!!

Terri said...

Hi! Just wanted to say I miss you this morning over at Waiting for Him. You are usually one of the first ones to post. I hope everything is okay!

Terri