Monday, April 27, 2009

WFMW: Idea for 'gifts' box

Check out this week's "Works for Me Wednesday" over at "We Are That Family."
http://www.wearethatfamily.com/

Here's my donation. I actually posted this Monday, but don't tell anyone that, okay? Nobody stopped by so I'm editing it to fit in with WFMW.

Do you keep a gifts box? You know, nice things you find on sale and keep for future use as gifts? I have an idea for you.

Check out CVS or Walgreen's (or maybe even your local supermarket) and see if they have any of those pre-made Easter baskets left. Frankly, IMHO, at full price they are a ripoff. But I picked up the last basket at CVS today for only 79 cents! It was 90% off. Besides the cheesy little bags of candy (which I'll give to my boys), it has a nice jumprope and a ball-and-jacks set. I couldn't buy one of those toys for 79 cents.

So they go in my 'giftie box. My kids are way past the birthday party age, as you know. But I babysit sometimes, and have a three-year-old nephew. So I keep my eyes open for goodies to use as gifts that won't break the bank.

Oh, and speaking of saving money: if you have a Passover section at your grocery store, check it out. Now that the holiday is over, you can find some really good buys there!

11 comments:

Lana said...

I love these frugal tips!

Thanks for stopping by, I had forgotten about HOMES and didn't know the one about effect and affect. I love it. I am going to add those and will def. give you the credit! Thanks!

Kristen said...

Thanks for visiting my blog...I think your idea of getting the toys in the Easter baskets is brilliant. Although right now I am in a purge before moving mode, I will remember your tip in the future!

Anonymous said...

After valentines day I got my daughter a BEAUTIFUL, soft, large lion, with a hear covered bowtie for $0.50!!! It was normally $12.99! You are so right that it is worth checking them out after the holidays!
BTW, thanks for stopping by my blog!

Sharon said...

I'm always stopping by the clearance section at CVS! LOVE IT! You really can get great bargains---I often will find shampoo and other little goodies for less than $1 for a full-size bottle! Thanks for stopping at my blog....and yes, the verifications are interesting aren't they?!?!!

annies home said...

yes I do keep a gift box and I find it comes in quite handy

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

I try to holiday and birthday shop all year long so yes, I have a gift closet!

Stephanie said...

I bet you could spray paint those Easter baskets and embellish them with some ribbon to make them not look so easterly. (Is that a word?)
Thanks for the inspiration!

Jennifer said...

I used to have a great gift box, but over the past couple of years I have used the best items out of there and what is left, my kids (and all their friends) have outgrown. I need to start filling it up again, it really does save money.

Debbie J said...

I hadn't thought about buying Easter clearance items. Good idea!

Frugal Sara said...

That is a really great idea!

Anonymous said...

抓姦,抓姦,抓姦,抓姦,抓姦,抓姦,外遇,外遇,外遇,外遇,外遇,外遇,徵信社,徵信社,徵信社,徵信社,徵信社,徵信社,尋人,尋人,尋人,尋人,尋人,尋人,徵信公司,徵信公司,徵信公司,徵信公司,徵信公司,徵信公司,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,聊天室,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,聊天室