Monday, August 17, 2009

A product I like

One thing that is nice about building up a stockpile is that eventually you have enough 'on hand,' and your shopping list is so small, that you can treat yourself. You can try something new you might not have wanted to swing otherwise.

My new thing is Purex 3-in-1 complete. Basically, it's your detergent, softener and dryer sheet all in one. (I never knew people used dryer sheets if they already used softener.)

How is this fancy product even 'sorta' frugal? Well, it is if you get a deal. It is on sale this week BOGO at CVS. And I have a dollar coupon, making each less than half price.

But here is what makes it even more frugal. You can cut those puppies in half, and even thirds! Really, who needs the whole enchilada if you're only washing slightly dirty items?

I still use regular detergent most of the time. But you all know the story--sometimes you are too tired, or sick, or busy to remember to add the danged softener. So for those times, this product is great!

2 comments:

Debbie J said...

I would like to try these, especially if there is a good deal afoot!

Becky said...

I've actually never used dryer sheets... but if I get to a point where I wanted to try them, that seems like a pretty good option!

Also, tagged you for an award meme. Info's at my blog if you want to check it out.

I know I haven't been commenting much lately, so also wanted to say that I hope you've been having a good summer!