Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fifty Cent Patriotic Wreath


I've seen 'rag wreaths' on several blogs and thought they looked easy and cute.

My neighbor was having a garage sale yesterday. I bought a picture frame, plus 2 wire wreath frames. They cost me 50 cents apiece.

Then I hit my stash and started tearing up red, white and blue fabric. These wreaths are so easy to make I might just have to use the other frame for another time of the year. I have so many scraps. I'm thinking autumn colors for the fall. I could keep the wreath hung up all through September, October and November. This one will stay on the wall behind my desk for the summer.

I'll probably add more rags as I go along.

BTW, Happy Memorial Day tomorrow. I'm sure everyone (all 3 of you) reading this has someone who gave his/her life for our freedom. I'm also sure those true heroes are enjoying barbecue up in heaven! (Yeah, I think you really live up there. Just floating around playing a harp seems boring to me. Hope this doesn't offend anyone.)

5 comments:

Debbie J said...

I like it!!!! I love things that can be made from scraps, as you know. You did a good job.

Nikki said...

So cute! I have seen these before. This is a perfect wreath for the summer from Memorial Day through Labor Day! I've got to find me some wire rings now.

Terri said...

Very cute! I've made rag wreathes before and they are very easy.

The Single Nester said...

This looks terrific. I have been thinking of making one like this. Thank you for your wonderful post on my blog about my Memorial Day Tribute to my Brother. It touched my heart. We are from the same neck of the woods. I hope you had a good day!

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

How cute is this? Frugal, easy & cute, gotta love it.

Just saw a comment from you on Being Frugal and thought-"Hey, I haven't heard from her in FOREVER" so I stopped by.