Tuesday, May 23, 2006

CVS

Tonight I bought shampoo, shaving cream, mustard and batteries from CVS using my list from "The Grocery Game." Best deal was paying 19 cents for VO-5 shampoo. I'm not sure what the original price was, but the sale price was 79 cents and I had a 60 cent coupon. All told I figure that by combining sales and coupons I saved a little over 50%. Now, CVS is ubiquitous (sorry if I didn't spell that right) and you can't drive half a mile without seeing one. We also have a number of Eckerd's. So halfway between the nearest CVS and Eckerd's, I spot a building going up that can only be...a Walgreen's. I hope so, because I don't like driving the 6 or 8 miles roundtrip to the nearest one, but I like the store. And GG has a free Walgreen's list every week. You don't even have to join up to get that.

No comments: