Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday Tip

Here is my contribution this week to "Works for Me Wednesday" over at Rocks in My Dryer. http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/shannon/ You know those red-edged coupons that come out of a machine at the grocery store? Or the 'Extra Bucks' coupons at the end of your CVS receipt? Be sure to take a look at them. Most of them, I ditch, but I often find ones I can really use. And the best are the ones that can be used for anything. I recently found one for "$5 off your next shopping order." That's $5 off anything at all! (It was Stop and Shop, btw.) One time, about a year ago, I found one laying on the ground of the parking lot. That litter bug's loss was my gain, LOL! Here is a second tip: look at those coupons when you get in the car, and put any ones you'll definitely use right into your wallet. That way they will be handy next time you are out shopping, so even if you accidently leave your manufacturer's coupons at home...you'll still get a nice discount!

9 comments:

Theresa said...

With 4 kids - especially teenagers, I don't know how you could find time to cut coupons or scrapbook....WOW, I'm impressed, you go Girl!

Mom2fur said...

You're a sweetie, Theresa, to say that! I cut coupons while watching TV. Scrapbooking is my 'therapy,' LOL! (So is sewing and crochet.) I don't do much else except work 3 hours a day at a local doctor's office--with Fridays off, no less! My kids do a lot for themselves, as well.
And if you saw the mess of my laundry room...you wouldn't be so impressed, LOL!

Meredith said...

Good idea! I often check the tiny waste basket at the end of the self-checkout lane at Kroger--a lot of people throw all their receipts immediately in there.

Amy said...

Great idea! I am also happy to have found your blog. I run a frugal momma blog and am always happy to find somebody else out there trying to save money.

Thanks!

Blackeyedsue said...

Super idea! I like the idea of putting them in your purse right away.

One time my DH bought a 1 lb. bag of M&Ms at Albertsons. The coupon said a dollar off, so he went in line and bought another one, this coupon said a buck and a half off, so he did it again. The next coupon was for Snapple...Dang it!

Susie said...

My tip is posted and it's quite similar! Gotta love those coupons!
I'll be back to visit you again when I have a bit more time :-)

kelly jeanie said...

Great tip! I love coupons, but I'm always forgetting them at home. Fat lot of good they do me there!

Oh, and thanks so much for the tip on the coffee...I love blended coffee drinks, and a tray of coffee ice cubes is a great idea.

MJ said...

Great tip! I have a tendency to shove those in the bag, and by the time I remember them they've expired (they often have a fairly short lifespan).

mausfrau

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

My problem is I mostly shop at Aldi's and Save a Lot and they mostly have there own brands. I figure that 90% of the time I do better that way then messing with the coupons etc (plus, I almost never have manufacturers coupons cause I don't get the paper)