Thursday, April 30, 2009

Gotta love this site

I'm the type of person who will check out a blog if it has a catchy name. Who could resist a name like "Sugarpie Farmhouse." You can almost smell the shortenin' bread. Okay, I'm from New York. I have no idea what shortenin' bread is or what it smells like. But I bet it smells like grandma's kitchen, you know?

Sugarpie Farmhouse is a homey site dedicated to all things hospitable and domestic. The girl talk forums (for Sugar Pie Sistas!) is full of great advice and encouragement.

Go check it out:

http://sugarpiefarmhouse.com/

6 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Well I will for sure hop over and check it out!!

Hugs to you!
Robin

Stacey said...

Hi there! Thanks for coming to visit my blog. You had great advice for grocery shopping. I'm working on it! :) Come again.

Debbie J said...

Thanks for putting my blog's name on there. I appreciate it. I'll have to check it out.

Thanks, Debbie J.

Debbie J said...

LOL!!! My daughter is 28, will be 29 in June. Thanks for the laugh!

Nanci said...

I hopped over to "Sugarpie Farmhouse". I liked what I saw -- thanks for mentioning it.

Also, wanted to tell you that we checked out your book from the local library. My thirteen year old really enjoyed it, and so did I. We had some great discussion after we both had read it -- you provided lots of good information on the subject of the Irish Potato "famine".

My husband's family is Irish and many Irish came to our area to work on the building the railroad, so the book was particularly interesting to us.

Rina said...

Hehehe I'm like that too. Oooh good blog name *clicky clicky*.

Thanks for the visit and comment!!