Monday, April 20, 2009

Mouthwatering Mondays

I found a new (to me) 'carnival' over at "A Southern Fairytale" http://asouthernfairytale.com/ and thought I would participate, too. It's called "Mouthwatering Mondays." I'm all for new recipes!

Here's mine:

Broccoli Salad

4 Cups of cut-up broccoli
A few handfuls of red, seedless grapes--cut in half if big
1 Cup mayo
1/3 Cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Chopped Nuts

You'll notice I didn't put measurements in for the bacon or nuts--just knock yourself out, LOL!

Combine the broccoli and grapes.
Mix up mayo, sguar and vinegar.
Toss together.
Add the other ingredients.
Enjoy!

BTW, you could leave out the grapes and broccoli and use a cole slaw mix with this, too!

6 comments:

Tara R. said...

This sounds good. I've always like broccoli salad, and this one is a bit different than mine. I will definitely be trying it.

(stopping by via MWM)

Rachel said...

ooooooo that sounds delicious!
My kids love broccoli and grapes, I might just serve them that together and then add the rest for the hubs and me. YUM!

Thanks so much and welcome to MWM!!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Mmmmmmm. I love broccoli salad.

Audra Krell said...

Obviously this calls for at least a pound of bacon -yes? What a cool recipe! So great to be hearing from you, thank you for your abandonment story. Would you be interested in turning that into a post and being a guest on my blog?

Saver Queen said...

Yum! I do sort of a version of this with feta cheese and raisins!

Precision Quality Laser said...

I saw your comment on "Meet Me In The Garden" for Frugal Friday.

If you are wanting to be debt-free but don't know where to start, check out www.daveramsey.com. Also check out his book Finanical Peace at the library. It changed my husband's and my life and perception about finances.

We aren't debt-free yet, but we are getting there.

You can win the war if you get intense about getting free.

Hope that helps!

Blessings! :)