Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm still here

Just haven't had much to post about. I'm tired all the time. You know I work at a pediatric office, and I honestly think my body is worn out from resisting one sickness after another. Knock on wood, I haven't caught anything yet...and winter is almost over. (I've doubled my vitamins, so hopefully, that will help.)

I did think of something to post about today. It's silly, but one of those 'duh' ideas. I was rearranging some pans, moving them from the bottom of my pantry into a cabinet in the kitchen. (This also involved putting some never-used items aside for the thrift store.) I had my cookie sheets and lasagna-type pans stacked up nicely, but not much room on the side of them for anything else.

Here was the 'duh' moment...I turned the pans around 90 degrees! Instead of the wide part facing the opening, the narrower part faces it. Leaving me with half the shelf empty for other storage! Perfect space for my larger size, rectangular slow cooker.

Most of my ideas are the bolt-from-the-blue type. I could spend hours staring at a problem and never solve it. But walk away and do something else...and it hits me.

So if you are in the rearranging stuff mood, think about turning something sideways and maybe you'll find more room!

3 comments:

Debbie J said...

Good idea! I have a tray cabinet that I was using for something else. My "duh" moment was when I realized it was a perfect narrow size for cookie sheets, pizza pans, cutting boards, and duh, trays.

Hope your vitamens help!

D.

Meredith said...

Bless your heart! No wonder you feel tired.

Here's to more energy and problem solving this spring!

Betty said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I just waited on the phone five minutes at the pediatrician's office. It seems like everyone is sick.