Sunday, December 20, 2009

Blizzard!

My driveway:
The picnic table on our deck:

We got about 18" of snow. Farther out on Long Island, it hit 2 feet! This was our first blizzard since the 90s. All I can say is, I'm glad we knew it was coming. Katherine traded her Camaro for my SUV, so it was a much safer drive home from work for her late last night. She said the roads were terrible and people were sliding all over the place. I was so glad when she called to say she'd arrived safely at Erick's parents' house. It's a few miles closer than her own apartment, so she decided to spend the night there.
The last photo is of our street corner:


3 comments:

Mary said...

Though the snow is beautiful, I am relieved it missed us here in Albany. I don't mind a day or two if I don't have to go out in it!

Debbie J said...

Have a happy White Christmas

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Happy New Year, Clare. Stay warm.