Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Early Morning...

...in my backyard: pleasant enough to have my coffee and English muffin out there. But we're going to have another scorcher today. We're not expecting rain until at least Friday.

Whine, whine, whine--I keep reminding myself what our heroes overseas are going through in places like Iraq and Afghanistan. I totally sympathize, but...that doesn't mean I have to like our heat!

Anyway, back to the backyard. My favorite squirrel is back! She is the sweetest thing. She does a 'trick' where I will put a peanut in the crook of a tree branch while she waits a little bit up the trunk. Then I'll call to her and she'll come down for it. In fact, if she sees me at the back door, she'll run up the tree and wait for me to feed her! I haven't seen her in a long time. Three very young squirrels have been by but they are still timid. One will stop for a few moments, then run. I think he/she (too young to tell) might become another favorite squirrel. I'm also pretty sure these babies are my Favorite Squirrel's litter.

I also have a cute baby bluejay story but that's for another day.

No comments: