Saturday, June 24, 2006

Summer eating

Sometimes, you don't even feel like barbecuing, it's so hot and heavy outside. I love pizza or Chinese, but that seemed like too much last night. So I raided the fridge and found some lunchmeat and cheese from the other day. I made Mike a big salad with some roast beef and provolone on top, and I found some fake crab that I made myself crab salad with. That's one nice thing about summer eating. You can go really heavy on the 'light' stuff and add just a little of the more expensive or 'heavy' food. 3 slices of provolone, rolled and cut in pieces, 2 slices of roast beef, also cut up, and lotsa salad plus some Italian dressing--my husband was very satisfied. Me...I put the crab salad on the last English muffin. My line to my kids on nights like this...'you're on your own. If you can find it, you can eat it.' We were all happy, and I got rid of some vestiges of food that might have turned into science projects, otherwise.

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

But at least we have the barbecue if we want to cook and not heat up the house!