Saturday, April 15, 2006

My new Blog

I call this blog "Sorta Frugal" because I am. Sorta frugal. I don't eat beans. Wish I could--it's a stomach thing. My mother makes the most amazing baked beans and I used to love chili. I don't follow anyone else's ideas of frugal just because they say so--I have to find out for myself. Some ideas are great and some just don't work for me! I eat meat, even red meat. I just buy it on sale, LOL! Once or twice a year we have rib eye steak. I buy them when they are half price, and one steak feeds two people. $3 plus change for a meal per person is pretty reasonable for a special occasion dinner, IMHO. The way I am really frugal when it comes to groceries is that I combine coupons and sales and really stock up on stuff. A well-stocked pantry and freezer (and it takes a while to get there) is a frugal girl's best friend. I'm also frugal in my crafting. I'm an avid scrapbooker. Back in the day I had to have every bell, whistle and toy. Now I realize I don't need 98% of that stuff to make really nice scrapbook pages. You will see some of them posted here--assuming anyone actually even looks at this blog. My other blog is "Creative Thoughts" and no one ever goes there. There are so many great sites that offer free scrapbooking downloads that it isn't necessary to spend lots of money. Even the albums can be reasonable if you use coupons (like Michael's weekly 40% off one) or follow sales! Now an apology--for some reason this thing isn't letting me paragraph. I'm sorry if the continuous writing without break is hard to read!

No comments: