Friday, December 21, 2007

Sew Crafty Friday: Dress

Please visit Shereen's Blog "Waiting for Him" for more Sew Crafty Friday goodies!

This might be my Christmas Eve party dress if I can finish it in time. It's hard to tell from the photo, but it is a princess line dress. I find that silhouette very flattering. I think it is a little plain, so I have to figure out what to do with it. I actually have a burgundy-colored velveteen blazer that looks nice over it.

All I have to do is the hems, neckline and zipper. I plan to hand baste the zipper in place today. If I have time, I'll sew it in.

I'm still working on the green blouse. I have the binding pinned around the neckline, so it's just a matter of a few minutes to sew it on. That will be my Christmas Day top, which I wil wear with black pants.


I haven't worn a dress in years. I'm more of a skirt person, if I'm not wearing jeans. But this was so easy to put together. And if I don't do it up too fancy-shmancy, I can wear it to work, too. Being Sorta Frugal, if I'm going to spend money and time making something...I want to get good use out of it!

BTW...is anyone else as NOT ready for Christmas as I am?????

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

HI there! So sorry to get back to you so late! I haven't been on the computer too often this week (or last for that matter!) But I did receive your package last week and am SO thankful you thought of me! It was so nice a treat to get some mail too! I am sure find somethings to do with all of it...but I will special care to find something extraordinary for the lace! Thank you for sharing it with me!

The dress you have made is lovely. YOu seem to do SO much sewing! I do hope, someday, to be able to have more time to sew...someday. :-)

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Susie Q said...

This is a very pretty dress! I love the color and pattern. Oh to be so talented!
I know you will look just lovely in it.
Have fun at that party!

Hugs,
Sue

lindaharre said...

THanks for visiting me! I love it when people leave comments:D This dress is adorable! Can't wait to see it finished. I love to sew....it is sew rewarding.....ha...ha

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I'm pretty not ready, all right. I love the dress. I'm going to wear my new Nick & Nora PJs on Christmas eve. We're having a house full of company, but I'm wearing 'em.

BittersweetPunkin said...

I AM actually ready! I love the dress...tell Hubby to take a pic of you wearing it!!
Have a Merry Merry Christmas!!
Love,
Robin