Sunday, July 30, 2006

My Garage Sale Haul



Okay, I'd hardly call it a 'haul,' LOL! But I only spent $1.75 for it all--and there are 3 of those muffin tins. They look very old. I think I could fit one in my toaster oven, which means I could make muffins or cupcakes without using the big oven. But all three cost me just a dollar. They have the word "Kreamer" stamped on them. I don't know what that means, except there's a place in Pennsylvania called "Kreamer." Now, the cookie molds were really a buy at 25 cents each. I did some research and they run from about $5 to $15. I think there are collectors out there. I'll probably hang them on my kitchen wall. But it does get you thinking: the thing you 'just have to have' today, for which you will pay $15 to hang on your kitchen wall, may just be the thing that you put out at a garage sale for 25 cents in 10 years. I used to love all that Victorian clutter. Now I'm at a stage where I want to simplify. (Read: I'm at a stage where I don't want to dust it all.) It's a question to ask any time I want to buy something that isn't completely practical: "do I really want to spend this much on something I may not love in five or ten years?"

3 comments:

Mom2fur said...

I think I might have this in here twice.

Stephanie Appleton said...

Simplify. . . I am into that too. . .especially for the kids . . . translation - I am tiredof picking it all up!

Meredith said...

How fun! I think those stoneware molds are cute to display. I don't know how in the world you would use them, though.