Thursday, January 08, 2009

My Nintendo DS

This was the gift my kids gave to me, and I love it! I cashed in some change for an Amazon gift certificate and got the "Personal Trainer" cooking program. It came in the mail yesterday, and it's so much fun. Tonight I'm making "Bang-Bang Chicken" (don'tcha love that name?) and Chinese Cabbage Salad for dinner. With the program, you can check off items you need, and it makes a master grocery list for you. It also has a calculator that keeps track of how much you are spending. That's a good thing, because I wanted to stay under $30, the cash in my wallet--and I did.
Oh, and you can also ask for substitute ingredients! For each of these recipes, there are some things I don't want to have to pay for (chili oil, for example) and was glad I had substitutes for them here at home.
I don't mind buying something if I know I'm going to use it, but what's the point of having something take up room in your pantry? Case in point is the Malt Vinegar that I've had for years and years, LOL!

So, if you have the DS and you were thinking about this program (I first saw it on a cute TV commercial) I definitely recommend it. BTW, for this item, shipping was free. I had to buy something else to hit the $25 minimum (the program costs about $20), so I bought the latest paperback by Diane Mott Davidson. All paid for with pocket change!

3 comments:

Debbie J said...

Sounds like fun at your house, both for you and those who will partake of the new foods!

Mom2fur said...

It sure is, Debbie! I love trying new recipes, and the simpler, the better.

HippieDog said...

What a great idea! I'll have to send a few hints my husbands way......