Here is another dress I designed for myself. The top half is adapted from the free "Lydia" pattern I got from Burdastyle.com. The sleeves are a little flairy, which is one change I made. I had to cut the front in two pieces, rather than on the fold, because I was 'using up and making do' with some fabric I already had, and nothing was wide enough to get both the front and back cut on the fold. So there's a seam, which I don't think you can see in the photo, but it's fine with me. The skirt is a floral seersucker (there I go with seersucker again--I love this stuff) and the ribbon around the waist is from a box of Christmas ribbon I got on clearance. I need to make loops to hold it in place. I also need to finish the neckline and hems. This is one I can wear to work because it isn't too short and it's comfortable.
If you want to feast your eyes on more craftiness, please visit Shereen's Blog, "Waiting for Him" for "Sew Crafty Friday!"