Monday, June 02, 2008

The virtual journey continues...


It's such a beautiful day, I think we should take a cruise along the East Coast. Hope you brought along some crochet or knitting, or a good book to read. Our trip on the Atlantic will take a few hours...


...look out there! Is that a humpback whale? Isn't he gorgeous? Hope you have your camera ready--you could make a great scrapbook page.



The weather is sure lovely, but I think I see storm clouds in the distance. I'm awfully glad we're almost to our first stop today...Maryland! This is the home of the wonderful blog "Clothmatters2" http://clothmatters2.blogspot.com/

First, let's say 'congratulations to Alison, who is 'Clothmatters' daughter and just graduated from the University of the Arts in Pennsylvania! I guess she takes after her talented mom, who has made some wonderful cloth dolls, awesome pincushions and more! This sure is a fun and inspiring site!

But, alas, the day grows short and we have to hop on a bus. Don't worry, I rented us a private bus with cushy seats, air-conditioning and two bathrooms. There's a cute steward who will bring you lemonade, iced tea or cookies. (Yes, I did remember to pack some chocolate chip cookies!) Let's gaze out the great big windows so we can enjoy the beautiful Southern countryside as we head to...

North Carolina! And who do we find here, but one of my very favorite bloggers...Debbie J. of "Homemaking Dreams." http://homemakingdreams.blogspot.com/ Looks like Debbie's doing some gardening these days! And what a sweetheart she is...she'll show you how to make several projects (including an awesome clothespin bag) if you just click on her tutorial links!

Hey, maybe if we help in the kitchen, Debbie will make us some "Baked Pizza Mac." (You'll find it under her "recipes" label.)

Well, once again we have to bid a fond farewell. But isn't virtual travel great? You can cover hundreds, even thousands, of miles in a few minutes. So long, Debbie...I'll be back!

Our bus rumbles along for a bit, and takes us to South Carolina next. Barbra, of "All About the Buttons" is so creative, and makes some darling small knit projects! http://allaboutthebuttons.blogspot.com/ Besides, who can resist a blog with the word "Buttons" in the title?

Well, ya know, I'm getting tired. I think three states in one day is enough...and I want to get that whale picture off my digital and into my computer. And I promised to make Debbie J. some dishrags--gotta get those together! (Don't worry, Debbie, they'll be there soon!)

Rest up, folks. We're heading farther south tomorrow...or is it 'further', since we're not covering real distance? Hmmmm...

5 comments:

Debbie J said...

Thanks for the blog mention! I've missed reading my regular blogs this past week.

Mom2fur said...

You're welcome, Debbie!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Clare..I am a lil behind in my posting so it took me a minute to catch on to what you are up to!! LOL

I hope all is great in your neck of the woods!! What a great idea you have!!
Hugs,
Robin

Mom2fur said...

Thanks, Punkin!

Clothmatters said...

Hi Clare- I absolutely love your blog. I am going to add it to mine so I can visit all the time. I enjoyed reading your previous alphabet blogging and am will have to keep tabs of your current state blogging. Clever idea. Thank you for mentioning my blog in your post and for visiting and commenting on mine. I love all the awesome links you on your blog. Take care.
Connie