Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Meme and some tags

I found one of those fun 'questionnaires' over at http://katherines123blog.blogspot.com/ (I hope I got that right!) I love these things. I think they are a fun way to get to know little things about each other. I'm 'stealing' this to post my own answers.
Note: After some thought, I decided there were too many ?s and answers, so I'm back here taking out a few. That is why the numbers are off kilter.


1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Not that I know of, but they spelled my name wrong on my birth certificate. My dad said it took 6 months to straighten it out.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes, if I'm not in a hurry. Trust me, 8 years of Catholic grammar school makes it almost impossible to have really bad handwriting.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? 4 of 'em...3 boys who are 17, 20 and 24 and a daughter who is 22.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? HA, HA, HA. I wouldn't jump off a curb!

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cocoa Puffs, Froot Loops and Kellogg's Raisin Bran. Oh, and Cap'n Crunch. Does anyone out there remember when Golden Crisp was called Sugar Crisp?

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Not usually, which is stupid because I have to untie them to get them back on again. Speaking of which, my baby ferret is attacking my feet and I have to put my sneakers back on again. He's such a brat!

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Not by a long shot, physically. Emotionally, either I'm strong or pretty good about burying my head in the sand.

15. RED OR PINK? red is my favorite color.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My mom-in-law who passed away about a year and a half ago.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? I'd like to say red, because it is my favorite color. But it would more likely be something weird like burnt umber...a color no one uses. I'd like to be left alone, most of the time. (I'm not very sociable.) But I'm also nice and down-to-earth, so maybe I should be that color they named macaroni and cheese. Ha, ha, that's me...pretty cheesy!

23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Roses, coffee, oranges, coffee, tomato plants, coffee... Oh! And there's nothing like a cuddly, clean, freshly-bathed baby!

27. HAIR COLOR? I have colored my hair so many times, I almost forget what color it used to be. Right now, it's a sort of auburn. My husband says he feels like he gets a new wife every 6 weeks because I change color so often!

28. EYE COLOUR? hazel

30. FAVORITE FOOD? Chinese food, Mexican food, down home American cooking. But my all time most favorite is lobster! Aaaggh...it's going for $14.99/lb. these days! Boo-hoo, guess I'm not getting any this summer!

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? I love scary movies, but I don't like stupid ones or ones that have violence for the sake of violence. I want a real plot line and characters that have at least something resembling common sense. Which, alas, rules out a LOT of movies.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Sleepy Hollow.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER? If I was stuck with the extremes of either one, I'd take summer. At least your car isn't likely to go skidding in the summer!

35. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs, but I'd prefer to just say 'hi.'

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? The newest Diane Mott Davidson, "Dark Torte."

42. FAVORITE SOUND? Birds singing, my ferrets 'dooking' (it's a weird sound they make when they are happy), a baby giggling, cats purring.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Italy

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I'm a published author with 15 books to my name. Never made much money at them, but I guess it proves I can write! (For the record, 12 horror novels and 3 books for young readers.)

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Long Island, New York.

47. WHAT SUPERPOWER WOULD YOU LIKE? I'd like to really be able to talk to animals.

I'm tagging Susan (Blackberry Creek), Shereen (Waiting for Him) and Jenn (Frugal Upstate)! Hope you can play!

4 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I enjoyed reading your answers. I like the superpower you chose.

Mom2fur said...

Thanks, Sue! Sometimes I wonder what goes on in those little brains!

Betty said...

I love your meme. We have a lot in common. My favorite color is red. I would never jump off a curb. teehee and I'm going out to buy the new Goldie the caterer book. I didn't know there was a new one. Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for the heads up about the new book!

Susie Q said...

I enjoyed your list! You are pretty funny too you know! Pretty cheesy indeed! : )

Love coming here and reading you blog!

Hugs,
Sue