Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Kitchen Tip Tuesday

There's a really great collection of tips to make life easier in the kitchen over at http://www.tammysrecipes.com/. I actually have something to offer this week! I've posted about http://www.tadalist.com/ before, but it's worth repeating.
"My Ta-Da Lists" is a totally free site where you make up your own lists for anything you want. I have lists for almost all the rooms in my house. I say 'almost' because, as most of you know, 3 of my kids are adults. I have nothing to do with their rooms, except maybe to do laundry if they bring their stuff down to the laundry room. Okay, back to the kitchen...

I have 32 separate items on my Kitchen 'Ta-Da' list! (Yeah, that's Ta-Da, as what you say when you finish something!) Don't let that scare you! I broke my list of chores down to the smallest job for each room. For instance, I have something that says, 'clean and put away meat thermometer.' There's another one that says, 'put away plastic grocery bags.' As you can figure, if I don't have meat or didn't go to the grocery, I don't have to do those jobs. I have 'wash a pot' 3 times, although sometimes I have more pots and sometimes less. (Yes, the kids and my husband all wash dishes. My husband will do it without asking...except he grumbles.)
I have important things I can't forget, like "Feed the Ferrets" and "Cat food and water." After reading my bill-paying post, you'd think I was Miss Organized. But honestly, there are days I would forget to do anything if I didn't have a list.

Breaking a room's chores down to small jobs doesn't mean doing 32 jobs in a room every day. It means that, if you want to do a really, really good cleaning...you don't miss anything!

Oh, and not only does my husband do dishes, he's the one who mops the floor. I just can't get it as clean as he does, LOL!

So, visit Tammy's Recipes! It's a lot of fun reading other people's ideas!

5 comments:

Debbie J. said...

It does give a sense of accomplishment to check off those things from the list! Sounds like you have a great husband too!

Jasmine's Journey said...

That is what I should do, a daily check list. Great tip. Thanx!

Jacki said...

Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday!

Laura @ Laura Williams' Musings said...

Neat. I'll have to check that out.

Thanks!

Laura

(contests are still being posted on my blog, just not as a post but as an element until I can get my blog unlocked... won't show up in feed readers or email but will be online nonetheless).

:: Suzanne :: said...

Love TaDa. Thanks for the link!