Friday, January 25, 2008

Many Thanks!

Thanks so much for all the nice birthday greetings! It sure makes it easier to suddenly realize I can't deny being middle-aged. I'm 52--so unless I live to be 105, I am at least in the middle, if not beyond the middle.

Notice I am not mentioning a certain hill.

Thanks also for the comments on the dress. You should all know that while the skirt is 100% hand-drafted, the top is an adaptation of a bodice from another dress--actually, I think it's the one I made at Christmas. It is meant to be done in woven, but I'm doing knit. I'm all about comfort here, LOL!

This morning I received cards, gift cards, candy, lottery tickets and pink tulips! Pink tulips in January--how about that? I won $8 on the tickets. I have already ordered a red Kitchenaid hand mixer from Macy's with one gift card. I've needed a new hand mixer for a long time, and now I'll have one. The other card (that was from my kids, the first from my husband) will be used at Joanne Fabrics, Michael's and various other places.

We're going out as a family to a Chinese buffet tonight. It is my request, as I love Chinese food and a buffet sounds like a lot of fun.

Once again, thanks!

10 comments:

Miranda said...

Happy Birthday!! It sounds like you received some great gifts. I bet the tulips are beautiful. Enjoy the Chinese food... yum!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! I will be 52 next month. It is a good age!

Anonymous said...

Happy late Birthday and hope your night out was great!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Thanks for commenting on my new blog! Come back anytime. And I hope you had a great birthday!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oh no!!!! I missed your birthday. Well, I hope you had a happy ones. Sounds like you did. Best wishes for many happy more.

Mom2fur said...

Thanks, everyone!

Heather said...

Oh man, I missed your birthday! Happy Belated Birthday! If I lived in Maine....lobster would be on its way;) And just so you know, all birthdays that fall on Fridays, extend to Monday. It is a rule! So have a wonderful birthday weekend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I also wanted to say I read what you had to say on another blog about you and your dh being together so long. That is awesome!

I stopped by to let you also know that I moved from Jasmines Journey onto my own domain with wordpress. You can visit me there.

http://dangerouslydeliciousrecipes.com/blog/

~ Jasmine

Karen said...

Where are your fur babies? LOL It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. Tulips are my favorite flower.

Betty said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!