Friday, September 07, 2007

Sew Crafty Friday




Here is yet another baby dress I made. Since I found my buttonholer, I have been able to finish a few things. The way this is hanging, you can't really tell the shape of the dress, but you can see it from the back view. It's all one piece .
I'm not crazy about the bonnet. I didn't use stiff enough interfacing in the brim and it's too floppy. I cut it out the size to match the dress, but it looks humongous to me.
There's no baby in mind for this just yet. There are matching bloomers, but I have to wait to see what size the elastic will be to finish them off.
The fabric has tiny red roses on it. The lining is white muslin. This was a very easy pattern to sew! It is McCall's 5353.
Please visit "Waiting for Him" and share your own crafty goodness today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that little dress! No, I'm not hinting! Haha!! But you did a great job, as usual!! It will make some little girl even cuter! :-)

Christy T said...

That dress is just adorable. What little girl wouldn't look cute in a red rose-bud lace trimmed dress?

Betty said...

I made my daughter a red and white polka dot dress with a similar pattern about 20 something years ago. Very cute!

Not the Waltons said...

I always love the things that you make! Very lovely! I think that it is wonderful that you put these things aside with no baby in mind, that way when the opportunity does come, there is not a rush to find something to give :o)

Really enjoy your sharing on the blog, the alphabet theme is neat! I have not blogged in nearly 2 months (if not longer) and look forward to a bit of catch up :o)

Blessings!