Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Header

I recently redecorated the shelf over my sink with some of my chickens and roosters. The big white chicken is supposed to be a planter, I guess. I'm using her to hold all those packets of soy sauce we get with Chinese food.

That little green one is kind of strange, and I think it was originally meant to be for toothpicks. She might hold them again, yet. Right now, she's got some salt and pepper packets in her.

The can in the back has a chicken picture on it, and I've got our instant-read thermometers in it.

The big apple is just wood. The little one is cute...it opens up to reveal a teeny-tiny wooden tea set.

Everything was bought either on clearance, by thrift or at garage sales. You don't have to spend a lot to create a fun 'vignette'!

3 comments:

Debbie J said...

Very cute! I have lots of chickens in my kitchen too! My family found out I like them and whamo! They appear from everywhere. I do like them though!

Miranda said...

Great display... I always think items look great when grouped together.

I am doing a "harvest giveaway" this weekend if you would like to enter.

Susie Q said...

such a pretty display and I think it made a wonderful header too!

Have a sweet weekend!

Love,
Sue