Friday, March 12, 2010

Almost Missed Sew Crafty Friday!

It's past 10 p.m. and this was the kind of day that went by too fast...suddenly I remembered Sew Crafty Friday (check it out on Shereen's blog...link on my sidebar.)

I don't have my camera handy but I wanted to post something. So I just got an idea.

For all you crafters out there, may I suggest checked "Etsy.com" first for your supplies? The prices are reasonable, many of the items are things not easily found, and the sellers are regular people like you and me. They not only offer wonderful handmade goodies, but also just about anything you need to make your own projects.

I just got a package of pink safety eyes that I will use for homemade Easter Bunny stuffies. The seller is Stephanie over at www.sugarcoated.etsy.com.

Oh, and btw? The shipping on most items is much, much more reasonable than regular retail!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love etsy! I sometimes forget they sell supplies, thanks for the reminder :)

Terri said...

Hi Clare! I didn't realize that Sew Crafty Friday was back until I saw it on someone's blog. Thanks for the heads up about Etsy.

Debbie J said...

I want to participate in Sew Crafty Friday as soon as I can get back to sewing. Thanks for the reminder about buying supplies on Etsy. I usually just look for already made items.

Molly said...

How is it I've never heard about Sew Crafty Friday? Yikes, I must be living under a rock. Oh dear, more blog fun to eat what little time I have. Oh well, it beats watching tv! Thank you for the great ideas.

Miranda said...

Hi Mom2fur! I will find the links to the baby hat patterns I have tried and liked. I love to make them. They go together in an hour or two(instant gratification) AND I use up those tiny balls of yarn. Congrats on the great-nephew!! How exciting.

Shereen said...

Thanks for sharing. I never thought of buying supplies from there. I always figured they only sold things that were already made. Thanks for sharing that tip.