Friday, August 25, 2006

Dinner

The menu plan I post as part of Menu Plan Monday never seems to go exactly as planned. I never made the potato bread. I was going to make the clam chowder tonight until I added up what it would cost. The cream alone would be about $4, let alone the clams, etc. I'm glad I didn't make it though, because I ended up with enough mussels (made in a white wine marinara I sort of did impromptu) to feed 12 people, let alone 6. (I don't eat them.) The broccoli au gratin that was supposed to be with one meal ended up being tonight's vegetable. I changed the recipe to use mozzarella instead of cheddar cheese. As my daughter put it, it was 'mad good.' I keep pushing seconds on everyone, LOL! I think, in the long run, there won't be much left. I'm not sure if mussels reheat well, and I really hate leftovers. But I've got cold shrimp (we like it cocktail style) I can turn into shrimp salad, or still eat with cocktail sauce, for lunch tomorrow. Now, that kind of leftovers, I can live with.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hello, I'm not big on leftovers myself so I hear you on that one. Thanks for stopping by my "new" site today! Laura