Thursday, August 03, 2006

Serendipity

Serendipity is the pleasure of finding something nice when you aren't expecting it. I was at CVS today getting a few things for a trip, which included a bottle of store-brand non-aspirin PM medicine. The order was completely rung up before I noticed I'd forgotten to put the box on the counter. So I had to wait for a second order. What do you know? The CVS coupon I got back from the first order included "1.50 off on any pain reliever purchase." So...my forgetting that box saved me a dollar fifty. It was like it was meant to be, LOL! Don't you just love when things like that happen?

3 comments:

Laura said...

Wow that is awesome! My favorite is when you go to the store to get something that you need and get up to the cashier and find out it is on sale when you didn't even know...woohoo! Saving money is a good thing.

Quo said...

Speaking of CVS, I paid .15 cents there on Friday for 2 small purchases. I had a receipt with $2.50 in their CVS Bucks. I still can't believe I paid .15 cents, lol.

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Those are the best kinds of surprises :)