Monday, August 28, 2006

This Week's Menu, I hope

Seems every week I improvise! Well, here's what I hope to make this week.
Monday: Chili. I already have the meat cut up and browned since I didn't make it last week! I'll be having a taco, myself, since I don't eat chili. I'll just take out a little of the meat. We'll have chips and salsa, too.
Tuesday: Mahogany Chicken Tenders, Peanut Butter Spaghetti and salad with Mandarin Orange dressing.
Wednesday: Homemade Pasta sauce with rigatoni and salad. I will have my husband put the sauce together for me, since it involves opening cans. Can lids and I don't mix...
Thursday: Haven't decided yet, but it will probably involve ground beef since I have a lot of that. I have a meatloaf recipe I'd like to try. I would make it with those danged biscuits I meant to make 2 weeks ago...the dry ingredients are still sitting in a plastic bag, in my mixer!
And if I'm really, really, really ambitious...I'm going to make Tollhouse cookies this week.


org junkie said...

Peanut Butter Spaghetti????? My gosh do tell what this is. I'm totally intrigued!

Mom2fur said...

Here you go:
1/2 box spaghetti
1/2 C peanut butter
1 C hot water
2 T soy sauce
2 T rice vinegar (I'm sure you can use white vinegar)
1 T sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced (I use garlic powder...I don't measure it)
1/2 t ginger

Cook spaghetti; drain. Combine everything else in a pot. Heat gently until thickened. Toss with spaghetti. Makes about 4 cups. Easy to double--and it tastes good as leftovers!

org junkie said...

Oh I'm definitely trying this one. Thanks for posting that. Laura

Sandra said...

What a great week of menus, I'm so curious as to the Peanut Butter Spaghetti, though I don't think I would be able to pull that off with my family LOL

Thanks for visiting my blogs :)

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

peanut butter spaghetti!!!! I just can't imagine! i guess it tastes like a peanut sauce?!?!