Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Two States and a garage sale find



Before we continue on our virtual journey around the blogs of the USA, I just wanted to show you what I found at a garage sale the other day. It is a twin sized quilt, and only cost me $5! There are a few small tears, but nothing noticeable. It's definitely hand-quilted, but the piecework is done by machine. I don't know if it is homemade--I should have asked. But who cares, for five bucks? And it's really, really soft!


So, let's get going here. I printed out a USA Map so I can keep better track of where we've been. You know what? There is this big section of states right smack through the middle of the country for which I have no blogs! From Montana down to Arkansas...10 blogless states. Well, I'll keep on looking! Meantime, let's head to...


Michigan. At "Two Straight Lines" you'll find some wonderful projects, including kids' crafts Courtney does with her darling kiddies. http://twostraightlines.typepad.com/two_straight_lines/


Now let's hop on a boat, and take a ride on Lake Superior over to Minnesota. The subtitle of Artsy Mama's blog is "Trails of Inspiration." So true! There's tons of eye candy here, especially for those of us who drool over vintage yumminess. http://www.artsymama.blogspot.com/ I have to laugh...see the yellow flocked mannequin head? Well, years ago my father (who passed away in 1987) designed a machine to put flock on...mannequin heads! I think it was used by some company in the South, although I'm not sure. Anyhoo...for all I know that head was made in a machine my dad designed. What a small world, huh?


So that's it for today, folks! Hope you're all enjoying the ride.



9 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi thanks for stopping by my blog-I love your blog name-it cracks me up!

Cathi said...

What an incredible find at a garage sale!! Congratulations!

Sonshine said...

Cute little quilt!

Thanks for stopping by! Yeppers I make cream of whatever soup on occasion! However, I have gotten where I like those cans of cream of chicken soup in my pantry to help me make a quick dinner every now and then. :) As for the recipe for cream of shrimp soup...I'll pass! I am not much of a seafood eater. :) I fix shrimp in a marinade for hubby and the kids but I don't touch the stuff.

Kari said...

Thanks for visiting. Love your story about flocking. I like the thought of it being made by a machine your father invented. So cool!
Kari

Mamacita said...

Oh, what a great quilt! And such a cool story about your dad.

I hope you enjoy the Lime drink - I created it to mimic the taste of a Cherry Limeade from Sonic - it's pretty close. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Clare, the quilt is lovely. It looks homemade to me. It was a steal for $5.

Heather said...

That quilt is adorable! What a find! Hope your 4th is Happy!

Dj said...

Gorgeous quilt! And I'm in Missouri if you are so inclined to visit.

http://jacksonfour.com

Angelena said...

What a beautiful quilt! 5 bucks, you did good!!