Friday, October 10, 2008

My Husband Rocks Friday

Katie Lin over at "The Great Adventure" is doing a new weekly 'carnival' dedicated to showing the best of our husbands. I think this is a wonderful idea, especially in this day and age when couples seem to thrive on putting each other down and being mean. You wouldn't speak to your best girlfriend the way some women speak to their husbands. (And it goes for the goose as well as the gander--men are guilty of this, too!) So, with that in mind, pay Katie Lin a visit and see what this is all about:

http://honestandlasting.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-husband-rocks-fun.html

After almost 4 decades together, there are a million things I can say about Mike. But I'll keep this short and simple and give just one example. My husband rocks because he does what he can to make my life easier, without complaint. He knows that I don't like driving at night. (I only drive home from work, barely a mile from my house.) So, even though he'd probably prefer to be in bed by then, he stays up until ten p.m. on nights that our youngest works so he can pick him up.
And speaking of driving, he'll drive me to work and pick me up if it is snowing outside! As I said in an earlier post, I despise driving, but driving far at night or on snow (or on snow at night--shudder) terrifies me! Mike doesn't make fun of me, he takes care of me.

How cool is that?

Oops--I came back to edit this to add: thanks, Debbie J., for telling me about this!

5 comments:

katylinvw said...

he sounds like a wonderful man! welcome to MHR Fridays!

KayKay said...

That is very cool that he does that for you. I love how good husbands know their wives specific needs and take care of them. How wonderful that you still have such a good marriage after all this time! My parents will celebrate their 40th next February; marriages like theirs and yours are such an encouragement to those of us in our early years of marriage. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa said...

hi there! blue is a blue and tan chihuahua. I posted a pic of him on the right hand column WAYYY at the bottom on my blog.

Debbie J said...

You have a great husband! I don't like driving either and mine jumps in to take over that for me when he can too! I'm going to do a MHR Friday next Friday cause my husband rocks too! I agree about not talking about our husbands. I make it apoint not to put him or any other members of my family down.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

What a sweetheart to cherish you in that specific way. :o)