Hayley over at Happy Hawkey Homeschool House, (I feel as if I should take a breath now..., ha, ha) has tagged me for a 7 Random Things About Me meme. Okay, random stuff...
1. I love animals and consider my pets my second set of children. The outdoor animals are my 'wild pets,' including squirrels who will come over to me if I call them. (Some are more shy than others. My favorites are a very young male, a female with a notch bit out of her ear and two pregnant ladies.) I also consider pets cheaper than therapy.
2. I have four kids. I wanted eight, but it didn't work out that way. (In my own family there were 3 boys, then 3 girls. I'm #5.) My youngest is 18, my oldest will be 26 on Saturday. (My daughter will be 24 and my other son 22 in November.)
3. Mike and I celebrate out 28th wedding anniversary on November 29, but we were dating 9 years prior to that, so our total time together as of this November is 37 years. He was 17 and I was 15--wow, that was a long time ago!
4. I am a published author. I haven't published anything in a few years, but I'm working on a mystery story. The last set of books I wrote, which were for middle-grade readers, are under the series title "Journey to America." They are out of print but I think a lot of libraries carry them. One title is "Fiona McGilray's Story: A Voyage from Ireland in 1849." Alas, the market for historical children's fiction has died out so I only wrote 3 of these books.
5. I hate to drive with a passion and will use any excuse not to have to do it--which probably isn't a bad thing in this day and age!
6. My political thoughts are slightly to the right of the middle-of-the-road. I believe in hand-ups, not handouts. I think we should be kind to everyone, but I don't think people breaking the law should get any special privileges. I think people should shut up and take care of themselves as much as possible and quit whining. (Or maybe I'm just bitter because I'm broke, live with chronic pain and nobody's handing me anything.)
7. If I had one secret desire, it would be the ability to ice skate. But I can hardly walk and chew bubble gum at the same time, so there goes that idea.
Now you know more about me than you ever wanted to know! You can visit Hayley here:
I'm supposed to tag 7 people, but I'll just invite anyone who wants to play!