Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Dorito Chicken

I had a few requests, so here goes...(I'm sorry, but for some reason this danged thing won't let me paragraph!) DORITO CHICKEN: 1) 2 C cubed, cooked chicken; 2)8 oz sour cream 3)1/2 onion, chopped*; 4)1 T chili powder 5)1 medium bag Doritos, crushed; 6)1/2 t salt; 7)1/2 t pepper; 8)1 C grated cheese 9)1 can diced tomatoes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick spray and sprinkle on half of the Doritos. Mix the rest of the ingredients together except for the cheese and place on Doritos. Put remaining Doritos on top and cover with cheese. Cover with foil (Reynold's no-stick is great here) and bake for 30-40 minutes until bubbly. A couple of notes and a confession: *I use onion powder because I can't eat real onions. Ground turkey works really well here. Now, the confession: I made this last night for the second time and I couldn't put my finger on why it didn't turn out right. The chicken was tender and delicious, but the chips were kind of 'over crunchy.' I can't really describe it. I guess I was okay because Mike came back for seconds. But it bugged me. Until I started typing the recipe this morning! Duh! I forgot to put the tomatoes in! Oh, well, live and learn!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for posting the recipe! Laura

Rebecca said...

Oh YUMMMMMMM!

Beck said...

Okay, now i'm trying to figure out if it's too late to change what I'm having for dinner - that sounds perfect for today!

Unknown said...

What an interesting recipe. THanks for posting it. Sometimes when blogger won't let me paragraph, I go into the html tab. It will let you leave blank lines there, then you switch back to the other view if you prefer.

Thanks for visiting my site today. You're right about the vitamins. Airborne is full of them.