Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Tackle It Tuesday


Well, this is more of an ongoing project because it is so huge. But having "Tackle It Tuesday" got me up there working for a bit today. I'm talking about my attic, of course! You know, that realm of holiday decorations, old clothes and toys? I've been trying to tackle one box at a time. My idea has been to get rid of all the ugly, ripped old cardboard boxes and transfer the things I really want to keep to good plastic boxes. (And boy, have I gotten rid of a lot of stuff!) I had just recently bought two cute storage crates from CVS at 75% off (because they are summer-themed). I used one for my daughter's old Barbies and another for her old toy horses. I was also able to incorporate papers from one big, ripped box into a basket that already had some papers--so I got to throw that box away. That box was taking up about 6 square feet of room up there.
I don't suppose I'll ever be completely done, but at this point at least I have a general idea where things are. Each category has its own section. One thing I don't have up there now is boy clothes. My youngest has outgrown everything, including things left from his oldest brother (same body type). BTW, do you ever go through old things and find something that really makes you sentimental? For me it is an old stuffed clown my mom gave my son when he was born. Clownie is 23 years old--and if I wind him up, it still makes me teary-eyed to remember that little baby. (Michael, of course, is also 23. He has a hard time believing he was ever 'cute.')

4 comments:

Kelly Curtis said...

This sounds like a great project. I really need to tackle so many things. I know it was kind of "cheating" to claim a project my KIDS tackled, but...

I loved your comment. Thanks for stopping by!

Kelly
Home of Pass the Torch Tuesday

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great project. You should read my Works for Me Wednesday post on attic organization. On my sidebar click on Works for Me Wednesday and you will see a list, find the one titled "Attic Organization"...hope this helps.

Tizzie said...

I don't venture into my loft....I simply pray each night that nothing falls thru the ceiling while I am asleep!!!!

Thanks for dropping by my tackle. If you can't read the text (I know its not easy in pink and white) theres an option on the sidebar for orange......its far clearer!

Christine said...

Oh, my gosh, this is making me sweat just thinking about this project! It reminds me of all the boxes and storage messes I need to work on! :)

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Have a great day.