Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday


A number of bloggers have posted tips on prepping food ahead of time. I do that. I like to cut things up in the afternoon while watching TV, so it's all ready to go at dinner time. But...where to store it until you need it? A bowl or a dish is just another thing to wash. A zip-top bag is money down the drain, since they can't be washed if you put raw meat in them. Well, maybe they can...but if I wanted to treat my family to e coli I would buy spinach this week. Okay, so...I use a plastic grocery bag! Why not? They are made to carry food. They are free. You can tie a knot in them and nothing leaks out. And they are disposable. And if you have a lot of food to prep...like a bunch of vegetables...they hold a huge amount of food!

7 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Great Idea!

Stephanie said...

Ah yet another use for them!

Larae said...

Good idea!

Cyndi said...

YES! I have jillions of those. I love having another use for them, thanks!

lrlwreath said...

That is pretty creative!!!

Thank you sooo much for your kind words and words of encouragement on my blog about my up coming surgery. I love how you say "Sit back and be a QUEEN with servants waiting on you hand and foot! " I LOVE that idea!!!

Mama Lily said...

thanks for commenting on my site about my recipe. It's now fixed!

theresa said...

That's a good one. But, for right now I use them to wrap up soiled diapers so they don't last long around here. But, I'll keep this one in my thinking tank for when she is potty-trained though! :)